Contact Us 24/7: 347.454.1808

COVID-19 Alert:
Through this coronavirus crisis, we are still accepting new clients (phone consultations only), and we are able to make emergency court appearances.

COVID-19 바이러스 관련 사무실 업무안내:
코로나바이러스(COVID-19)의 확산을 최소화하기 위해 저희 사무실도 모든 업무를 비대면 전화상담으로 대체 하기로 했으나 긴급 법원 출두및 법률상담 등 대부분의 업무는 지속하고 있으니 이용에 참고하시기 바랍니다.

在这次新冠病毒危机中, 我们仍可以接受新客户(仅限电话咨询), 并且能够出庭应诉.

How do I get property back from the police?

How do I get property back from the police?

All property seized by the police during an arrest is “vouchered” under a unique identifying number. Some of these items are held for safekeeping and can be returned by going to the precinct or police headquarters at One Police Plaza and producing the voucher receipt and photo identification. Some items, however, require special permission from the prosecutor before they are returned. An attorney’s assistance is usually required in these situations in order to negotiate a “District Attorney’s Release” for these items. Some items are held for civil forfeiture proceedings and can only be returned by going through a litigation procedure. This happens in instances where the items in question are viewed as the instrumentalities or the fruits of criminal activity (e.g. cash in drug cases, vehicles in DWI cases).