Contact Us 24/7: 347.454.1808

COVID-19 Alert:
Through this coronavirus crisis, we are still accepting new clients (phone consultations only), and we are able to make emergency court appearances.

COVID-19 바이러스 관련 사무실 업무안내:
코로나바이러스(COVID-19)의 확산을 최소화하기 위해 저희 사무실도 모든 업무를 비대면 전화상담으로 대체 하기로 했으나 긴급 법원 출두및 법률상담 등 대부분의 업무는 지속하고 있으니 이용에 참고하시기 바랍니다.

在这次新冠病毒危机中, 我们仍可以接受新客户(仅限电话咨询), 并且能够出庭应诉.

If I stayed in the US illegally, can I still get a green card or a visa?

If I stayed in the US illegally, can I still get a green card or a visa?

This answer to this question depends on many different factors. The first factor is the manner of entry in the U.S. Some people enter the U.S. legally with a visa, and then stay beyond the date permitted by the visa (“Overstay”). Some people entered the country without being inspected at all (“Entry Without Inspection”). And some others entered without a visa because they are from a country that participates in the “Visa Waiver Program.” Another factor is how long the client has lived in the U.S. in unlawful status. Also, it depends on who is sponsoring the client for the green card. Yet another factor is whether the client has a history of immigration violations.

As you can see, this is a very complex area of immigration law, and the answer depends on each person’s unique circumstances. The only way to find out for sure if you are eligible for a visa or green card is by consulting with an experienced immigration attorney.