Our Attorneys Have Defended Hundreds of DWI Cases All Over New York State
Defending DWI cases is a highly specialized field, even among criminal defense attorneys. Successful defense on a DWI charge requires a highly technical understanding of the scientific principles of blood alcohol testing, the interpretation of “field sobriety tests,” the legality of car stops, and the various DMV regulations on suspensions, revocations and “conditional licenses.”
Lee Law Firm has successfully defended DWI cases by:
- Attacking sloppy procedures and paperwork.
- Attacking defective breath test machine (“Intoxilyzer”) results.
- Aggressively cross examining police officers on alleged “indicia of intoxication.”
- Attacking the flawed “science” of reverse extrapolation.
- Suppressing illegally obtained evidence and statements.
Even when the case might appear “hopeless,” we will utilize our expertise to explore every possible defense and minimize all penalties. We also have a complete understanding of the laws regarding driver’s license suspensions, revocations and vehicle seizures, which can be just as important as addressing the criminal charges themselves.
If I’m guilty, what can my lawyer do for me?
An attorney has the duty to strongly represent his client regardless of his or her guilt. There are many ways that an attorney can help his client even though he is “guilty.” For example, he can argue that the police obtained a confession or other evidence through illegal means, and get it thrown out. He can negotiate a plea bargain which would not leave criminal record or significantly reduce jail time. If a plea bargain is unacceptable, an attorney can tell his client his chances of success or failure at trial, so that the client can make an informed decision. And in the worst case scenario of incarceration, an attorney can present all available options for early release.
- I really appreciate all your work for me. You have humanity, passion, compassion, enthusiasm.S. T.Actual Client
- One of the premiere criminal and immigration attorneys in the business. Jae Lee would be my first recommendation for any client I encountered with a legal problem of that nature. Quite simply, he is among the best I have ever encountered.MARYANN SASAKI, ESQ.Business and Family Lawyer, Columbia, A.B., Harvard Law School, J.D.
- Jae consistently takes pride in going above and beyond what is asked of him to bring about the best results for his clients.J. Y.Former Colleague
- Mr. Lee paid attention to the details in my case like no other attorneys. He gave me the much-needed peace of mind at a stressful time. He is very knowledgeable. I never had a doubt that we would win and we did!W. W.Former Client, Civil Lawsuit